Yoga + SUP
Join SUPAsia & RE:treat on this epic journey through Cambodia:
Dive into your yoga practice, explore the country by stand up paddle board and connect with the local culture. Cambodia offers a heart-breaking history, breath-taking scenery and an opportunity to smile, around every corner. During this 9-day adventure, you will spend time in the capitol city, Phnom Penh, and travel to the riverside town of Kampot. From there you will be able to visit villages and remote beaches on the Gulf of Thailand before returning to Phnom Penh for a final tour in the city.
Along the way, our group will take a cruise on the Mekong River, SUP in the Elephant Mountains through mangroves, to islands on the sea. You will be given the opportunity to plant mangroves from your SUP, paint a mural with school children and learn about the cultural genocide of the Khmer Rouge and its devastating effects on this beautiful country. Partnering with local organisations devoted to improving sustainable livelihood in Cambodia will allow you to give something back to this wonderful country.
This is not your average travel adventure! Prepare to delve deeper into your own notion of humanity and return home with an abundance of compassion and gratitude. .
NOTE: no SUP or Yoga experience necessary;
- Travel to Phnom Penh, Cambodia where we will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your hotel
- Check in & lunch at hotel, rest or explore in afternoon
- Dinner at Khmer restaurant with transport to hotel by tuk tuk (local means of transport)
- Breakfast, relax, swim, massage at hotel
- Options to walk around the Royal Palace/Riverside area
- Class & intro to Krema Yoga
- Boat cruise and dinner on the Mekong river
- Enjoy the sun rise on the Mekong and proceed to breakfast at hotel; swim & relax.
- Yoga at Krama
- Transfer by van to Kampot
- SUP lesson and tour to Pagoda for blessing from the monks
- AM Yoga on the riverside
- Sup/kayak tour of small river channels
- Rest and hang out in the afternoon
- Sunset river cruise up river, option to SUP back to lodge
- AM Yoga on riverside
- Sup or bike
- Kampot by SUP or boat for lunch at Epic Arts
- Boat back to lodge
- Dinner at Lodge
- Sunrise SUP
- Yoga at Bantaey Srey & spa
- Transfer by Tuk Tuk to countryside to visit local, small school & art project
- Transfer by van to Kep
- Dinner at Crab market.
- Overnight in Kep
- Early breakfast at Crab Market
- Sup or boat to islands
- Lunch on the island
- PM yoga
- AM Yoga
- Sup at beach with children
- Lunch on beach
- Afternoon hike or bike
- AM Yoga
- Transfer back to Phnom Penh by van
- check into hotel & enjoy lunch, massage, or a swim there
- visit the "Killing Field"
- Final dinner in Phnom Penh
ANNE PIZEY, SUBAsia:
Annie Pizey is the director and founder of Supasia. In 2011 she organized and led a group of paddleboarders on a 400 kilometer journey down the Mekong in Cambodia. While she continues to explore Cambodia by SUP she has settled part-time in Kampot, Cambodia. There she offers SUP lessons and tours for tourists and is currently developing an outdoor education programs for Cambodian students. Annie has a background in journalism and education. She is a non-competitive SUP athlete. She enjoys paddling for pleasure, SUP yoga and also paddling for purpose. Her work with Supasia involves organizing volunteer projects for paddleboarders such as reforesting mangroves, planting floating gardens, river clean-ups, and teaching swimming and water safety to children. Annie spends the other half of the year in Colorado, U.S.A. where she teaches paddleboarding and enjoys white water SUP.
Read more about SUPAsia and Anne here: http://supasia.org/
Babsi in Mexico. Source: Barbara Glanznig
BARBARA "BABSI" GLANZNIG", RE:treat:
Finding her life as an attorney in Vienna and London lacking reward, Babsi found her true calling in Telluride, where she co-founded RE:treat with two of her best friends, creating a platform for people to dive into yoga and activites in nature and re-connect with their environment and inner self.
In 2012 Babsi entered her first Yoga teacher training in California and completed over 900 hours of training with Caroline Klebl. Furthermore, she studied and practiced the traditional Ashtanga Yoga method with senior Ashtanga Yoga instructors Tim Miller, Kino MacGregor and James Butkevitch. Whether beginner or advanced student, Babsi’s yoga classes are energetic, fun and suitable for everyone! As a passionate teacher and traveling yogi, Babsi has shared her love for Indian philosophy, Ayurveda, and the traditional Ashtanga Yoga method with students and fellow yogis throughout the world.
During this SUP & Yoga RE:treat in Cambodia, all yoga classes will be suitable for all level practitioners and will vary between vinyasa flow & restorative practices.
Double Occupancy: US$ 1,750 per person (based on two sharing the room)
Single Occupancy: US$ 1,950 per person
- ONLY 8 SPOTS AVAILABLE -
breakfast / lunch / dinner daily
SUP & instruction lead by SUPAsia Founder Anne Pizey
daily yoga classes lead by Barbara "Babsi" Glanznig
transfers to/from airport to hotel
Airfares to Phnom Penh
private yoga classes
FOR INQUIRIES & TO MAKE A RESERVATION, PLEASE CONTACT US BY FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW