Becoming a mother in 2012 was undoubtedly THE most incredible, earth shattering experience of my life. Sorry, I should say 'our lives' if I am to be PC about including Willi, my loving partner & father of our beautiful daughter. But as a woman, there is a lot that no one tells you about; from preparing your body for conception + childbirth, the act of childbirth, recovering from childbirth, to how drastically your lives (and body) are changed forever when that little person enters your world. In the world of yoga + wellness there is one very special lady who specializes in women's sexual + reproductive health - Lara Catone. Lara is on a mission to help women reconnect with their bodies + reclaim their sexual identity. I am a huge fan of her work, and I am so excited that she will be in Telluride for a workshop March 13 + 14, 2015. SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFO!
Lara Catone is inspiring women worldwide to reclaim their health and the wisdom of their bodies. As a writer, yoga teacher and somatic sexologist, Lara supports women in aligning with their reproductive cycles, finding sexual wholeness, navigating changes during the childbearing years and owning their authentic feminine expression.
Lara has spent the past 15 years studying the healing arts and has attended over 50 women in labor as a birth doula and midwife assistant. She is founder of The Artemis School offering a certification program in Women's Sexual Wellness.
A sought after speaker and teacher, Lara connects to thousands of followers each week via her educational blog and weekly podcast, /Sex Lab with Lara/. More at: laracatone.com
The following outlines the schedule for Lara's Telluride workshop:
FRIDAY, MARCH 13 7:30-8:30pm
Free Talk: Transforming Women's Health
Women's health is in a national state of crisis.
Here are a few startling statistics:
- At least 5 million women in the US have endometriosis.
- 78% of those with autoimmune disease are women.
- The US has the highest maternal death rate among all developed nations.
- 1.5 million women in the US take birth control pills for reasons other than preventing pregnancy.
- 1 in 10 women suffer from low desire on a level that causes distress.
Why are American women so unhealthy?
You're invited to join women’s sexual wellness pioneer, Lara Catone, for a an engaging, educational and edgy free talk. Lara's talks, workshops and practitioner trainings demystify the women's health epidemic and offer powerful solutions.
- 7 Pathways for Women’s Sexual Wellness.
- Mind/body techniques for optimal vitality.
- Simple steps you can take NOW toward healing yourself and your clients.
Don't miss this if you are a:
- bodyworker/massage therapist/yoga teacher
- childbirth educator/doula/midwife
- acupuncturist/chiropractor/physical therapist
- a practitioner working in health or the healing arts
This talk is also for you . . .
- If you are a woman who longs to go from Sick & Tired to Radiant & Energized.*
SATURDAY, MARCH 14 11am-3pm
The Ecstatic Woman
Ecstatic experiences disassemble us in some significant way and swirl our pieces back together again in new configurations.
-Barbara Carrellas, /Ecstasy is Necessary/
Do you feel the call from a part of you that longs to be expressed?
Do you feel unplugged from your sexual energy?
Would you like to be more more connected to your body?
The modern woman has disconnected from her wild nature and the incredible, innate wisdom of her body.
Every woman has an inner artist yearning to create magic from the mundane and an inner healer just waiting to guide her to radiance and vitality.
Journey into the deepest parts of yourself to gently uncover the places that are hiding or staying silent. Through ritual, movement, interactive exercises and sisterhood the Ecstatic Woman workshop will guide you to:
- Open to your intuition
- Awaken your creativity
- Reclaim your voice
- Activate your own healing
- Love your body
You will learn:
- Practices for balancing reproductive health
- How to leverage your cycle for optimum energy
- Exercises for harnessing your core power
- Real ways to reduce stress and access more ecstasy in every day life
Join us for this afternoon of discovery, play and transformation!
Please wear comfortable clothes and bring:
- A snack
- A notebook and pen
- A yoga mat
Early Bird: $77 if registered by March 9th
*Regular Price: $97 *